Deadline: November 30, 2019
Teams need to submit an Online Registration Form for eligibility verification.
FIVE-PAGE WHITE PAPER CONTENTS
The Participant must submit a five-page white paper that describes the business implementation plan for potential uses of NASA’s Safeguard technology. Specifically:
Provide a brief description of the nature and type of your business.
- • Describe the technical capabilities of your product.
- • Give an example of how your company has implemented successful navigation.
Provide an overview of your company’s and team members’ experience with UAVs
Why do you want to participate?
What are the potential use cases of Safeguard that meet your business strategy?
- • Product: Describe the product/services that will use the technology.
- • Market: Describe the markets and applications that will use the above described products/services.
- • Market Size: Estimate the expected annual revenue to be generated from the above described products/services.
Video & .tlog
Deadline: March 1, 2020
GENERAL VIDEO & .TLOG FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS
NASA will provide an example of the required .tlog format.
VIDEO EVALUATION CRITERIA
The 1-minute video must demonstrate autonomous flight with the following criteria:
- • Present your vehicle on video
- • Demonstrate level flight
- • Demonstrate the ability to stop on command
- • Demonstrate feasibility to fly autonomously
- • Demonstrate the ability to engage the Autoland command and return to base
- • Demonstrate Autoland command integration with the simulated NASA Safeguard signal
- • Provide a copy of flight path and corresponding .tlog
- • Show sensor suite capability
SUBMITTING THE VIDEO & .TLOG FILE
To upload your video (.mp4 file) and .tlog, please click on the button below to complete the online abstract submission form. Teams are encouraged to review the Evaluation Criteria on the Competition Basics page.
No revisions can be accepted, so please proof your telemetry (.tlog) and video files very carefully before submission. If there are any technical problems with the content of your .tlog or video (for example, your file was corrupted or a URL link was broken), we will try to contact you immediately, so it is very important that you provide us with up-to-date contact information on the submission form.
Late submissions will not be accepted, and the submission form will close promptly at 11:59 PM EST on March 1, 2020.